Full & Partial Dentures in Vero Beach, FL
Why MDI Mini Dental Implants?
Even the best denture adhesives can’t compare to the denture stability achieved with mini dental implants. 3M™ MDI mini dental implants are designed to help denture wearers laugh, talk and live with comfort and confidence.
As the most popular small diameter implant system in America, 3M™ MDI mini dental implants were developed to provide greater denture stability for those who:
- Can't withstand the rigors of full-size implant surgery
- Don't have enough bone to allow for full-sized implants to be placed
- Are seeking a more affordable dental implant option
How MDI Mini Dental Implants Work
The 3M™ Mini Dental Implant (MDI) Denture Stabilization System consists of:
- A metal housings that is incorporated into the base of your denture.
- A rubber O-ring, housed in the metal housings, to provide the seal that locks the pieces into place.
- Mini titanium alloy dental implants, rooted into the jawbone, that act as an anchor to stabilize a lower denture.
The Mini Dental Implant Procedure
The mini dental implant procedure takes place in your dentist’s office, with local anesthesia. Typically, the procedure takes only one appointment and can be completed within 2-hours!
Your dentist uses a precise and controlled technique to insert the small diameter implants (around 2 millimeters wide) into your jawbone.
- With heads that are shaped like a ball, the implants protrude from the gum tissue where they will provide a secure anchor for your dentures.
- Metal housings that carry a rubber O-ring will be inserted into the bottom of your dentures.
- When your dentist seats the dentures on the mini dental implants, the O-ring snaps over the ball like a socket and locks the dentures firmly into place as they gently rest on the gum tissue.
Implants are designed to help your dentures work like natural teeth, allowing easy and comfortable mobility for functions such as eating, talking and laughing.
Because of the minimally invasive nature of the mini dental implant procedure, the MDI placement won’t require you to go through a lengthy healing period.
Within a few days, you’ll be out and about, enjoying a lunch of your favorite foods, talking with ease, laughing and smiling freely. All that time, you’re feeling a new stability in your dentures—secure that they have the staying power you need without messy denture adhesives or creams.